Project Manager - Commercial
We are seeking an experienced Project Manager who will oversee all aspects of the design, build and maintenance phase of large commercial projects. The role of the Project Manager is to plan and supervise a wide range of projects throughout the project life-cycle, within Washington and Oregon.
You will organize and oversee construction and structure procedures to ensure they are completed in a timely and efficient manner. We desire a Project Manager who is well-versed in project management methodologies and procedures and able to coordinate a team of professionals of different disciplines to achieve the best results.
The ideal candidate will have an analytical mindset and great organizational skills. The goal will be to ensure all projects are delivered on time according to requirements without exceeding budget while providing excellent customer relations and inspiring your project management team.
- Provide initial client contact to assess scope of work and schedule necessary resources to successfully complete projects.
- Plan, organize and establish project objectives, policies, procedures and performance standards.
- Supervise the preparation of change orders on the project and negotiate change orders associated with the project.
- Monitor construction activities in conjunction with the onsite Foreman and team to ensure project is on schedule, and within budget.
- Investigate any potentially serious situations and implement corrective measures.
- Prepare monthly costing reports.
- Review any documentation prepared by Assistant Project Manager.
- Represent the company in project meetings.
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management, Civil Engineering, Structural Engineering or other related discipline preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in the construction industry managing large projects.
- Previous experience in an MEP project management role for a commercial contractor preferred.
- Comprehensive knowledge of one of the following is required: mechanical, electrical or plumbing.
- Experience working with a master schedule and developing coordinating schedules is preferred.
- Strong record of developing and maintaining relationships with clients, internal team members, consultants and subcontractors.
- Ensure safety measure protocols and procedures are carried out throughout the project.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to perform duties in a professional manner.
- Ability to understand and follow standard operating policies and procedures.
- Effective performance management skills.
- Proficient in using a computer and Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, etc.); PM scheduling software.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks and changing priorities as necessary.
- Ability to work under tight deadlines and adapt to changing requirements with a positive attitude.
- Effective oral and written communication skills as required for the position.
- Ability to be self-motivated, proactive and an effective team player.
- Ability to interact effectively and professionally with all levels of employees, both management and staff, vendors, clients, and others.
We create a culture and environment of empowerment, allowing you to thrive. At our core, we consistently aspire to provide our employees with more than just a paycheck! We are committed to keeping our employees and their families as healthy as they can possibly be, which is why we provide a comprehensive benefits package.
- Compensation Structure: Exempt/Salaried position – DOE
- Benefits: Health & Wellness benefits
- Culture: Strong core values that include having fun at work and a dedication to work-life balance.
EEO: Equal Opportunity Employer