Project Manager - Utility
We are looking for an experienced Project Manager who will oversee all aspects of the design, build and maintenance for the utility division. The role of the Project Manager is to plan and supervise a wide range of projects from start to finish. The job sites are primarily based within Washington & Oregon and require day trips once a week and overnight trips once a month.
You will organize and oversee construction and structure procedures to ensure they are completed in a timely and efficient manner. We desire a Project Manager who is well-versed in project management methodologies and procedures and able to coordinate a team of professionals of different disciplines to achieve the best results.
The ideal candidate will have an analytical mindset and great organizational skills. This individual will exude excellent problem-solving abilities, coupled with a creative mindset to quickly assess needs, and adapt to ever changing environments.
The goal will be to ensure all projects are delivered on time according to requirements without exceeding budget while providing excellent customer relations and inspiring your project management team.
- Collaborate with team members to determine the specifications of the project
- Obtain permits and licenses from appropriate authorities
- Determine needed resources (manpower, equipment and materials) from start to finish with attention to budgetary limitations.
- Plan all construction operations and schedule intermediate phases to ensure deadlines will be met.
- Acquire equipment and material and monitor stocks to timely handle inadequacies.
- Hire contractors and other staff and allocate responsibilities.
- Supervise, coach, mentor and lead others by providing guidance when needed.
- Evaluate progress and prepare detailed reports.
- Ensure adherence to all health and safety standards and report issues.
- 3+ years of experience as a project manager
- BSc/BA in engineering, building science or relevant field is highly desired
- PMP or equivalent certification will be an advantage
- In-depth understanding of construction (framing, concrete, rebar, dirt, electrical) procedures, materials and project management principles.
- Excellent problem-solving abilities, coupled with a creative mindset to quickly assess needs, and adapt to ever changing environments.
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office; working knowledge of program/project management software is a strong advantage
- Familiarity with quality and health and safety standards
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills
- A team player with leadership abilities
We create a culture and environment of empowerment, allowing you to thrive. At our core, we consistently aspire to provide our employees with more than just a paycheck! We are committed to keeping our employees and their families as healthy as they can possibly be, which is why we provide a comprehensive benefits package.
- Compensation Structure: Exempt/Salaried position – DOE
- Benefits: Health & Wellness benefits
- Culture: Strong core values that include having fun at work and a dedication to work-life balance.
EEO: Equal Opportunity Employer